Having seen India from a distance over the rather eventful last year and a half – majorly via the news of blockbuster funding and growth of startups, coming back for a break was a good reality check
- The fastest way to get an auto/cab is still to wave to it on the road
- Ola app hangs often and can throw random errors.
- Uber doesn’t have enough cars
- Oyo hasn’t quite standardized the budget yet beyond adding their logo to the gates(sometimes not even that much)
- DMart (a departmental store) still gets overcrowded, even on a weekday evening
- There aren’t more delivery boys on the road than regulars
- Traffic and Air Quality do really suck
- Housing is not where you go to find yourself a house
- If you are really hungry – call the restaurant directly and follow up directly as well.
One might feel the party is about to get over – maybe true for the crazy blind valuations, but the game has only begun.