Kevin O’Connor listed down some traits that makes entrepreneurs tick.
Though I’m a little unsure about some points, but since this allows me some justification of my lunacy, behind the veil of an entrepreneur, I think I like this one 🙂
1. Need to control and believe you control
4. Need to innovate
5. Urgency, strong drive
6. Conceptual ability
7. Low need for status
8. Objective, non-emotional
9. Attracted to challenges, highly competitive, gut feelings
10. Big goals, long term vision
And then he wants you to evaluate how you score on this chart!
Let me try scoring myself, won’t try assigning weightages as yet, but i’ll give myself scores outta 10 on each parameter.
1. Need to control and believe you control – (9/10)
2. Self-confidence – (8/10)
3. Rebellious – (10/10)
4. Need to innovate – (9/10)
5. Urgency, strong drive ( 7/10)
6. Conceptual ability (7/10)
7. Low need for status(6/10) – Dunno what he means by this!!
8. Objective, non-emotional – (6/10) – I tend to waver sometimes!!
9. Attracted to challenges, highly competitive, gut feelings – (7/10)
10. Big goals, long term vision(6/10) – Albeit a clouded one!
11. Charisma (5/10) – The effect only starts showing after you reach 8-9 🙂
So, overall, it seems I’ll average above 7 overall.
Not bad if I think of myself as a 24 year old college placement dropout!
The scoring is a little misleading. It might lead me to believe that being a rebel shall make up for the missing charisma! Would it? Really?